We are a non-party political campaigning organisation involving disabled people, carers, trade unionists, activists, academics and health and social care professionals and workers.
We are a coalition of individual members and affiliated organisations.
We are calling for a universal system of social care and support based on a universal right to independent living which should be:
- Free at the point of use
- Fully funded through progressive taxation
- Subject to national standards based on article 19 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Disabled People, addressing people’s aspirations and choices and with robust safeguarding procedures.
- Publicly and democratically run, designed, and delivered locally and co-productively involving service users, disabled people and carers, sector workers, communities, Local Authorities, and the NHS.
- Underpinned by a workforce who have appropriate training, qualifications, career structure, pay and conditions.
- Committed to giving informal carers the rights and support they need.
We urge organisations to join our campaign to fight against the cuts in social care and support and for a radical change in the way social care is delivered. You can affiliate according to the size/funding of your organisation which entitles you to send two voting delegates to our meetings and to receive communication about our events and policy discussions. We also urge your members to become individual members of Act for Inclusion (see separate page).
We are flexible about the affiliation fee to take account of the funds that organisation may have available. The guideline scale of annual affiliations is:
- £150 to £250 for well-funded national or regional organisations,
- £10 to £50 for local campaigns, small limited funded organisations
- Individual membership fee is £5 per year.
Please complete the attached form to apply to become an affiliate of Act for Inclusion.